Zoom Virtual Meeting/Webinar
Illinois AGD Presents:
Fellowship Exam & General Dentistry Review Course
Speaker: Larry Williams, DDS, MPH, MAGD, ABGD
Larry Williams, DDS, MPH, graduated from the University Of Tennessee College Of Dentistry in 1982 and then served 30 years in the United States Navy Dental Corps. During his active-duty dental career, he completed both a one-year Advanced Program in General Dentistry and a two-year hospital-based General Dentistry Residency. He currently holds board certified status in the American Board of General Dentistry. After retirement Dr. Williams joined the faculty at the Midwestern University College of Dentistry-Illinois and currently serves as an Associate Professor for Preclinical Education. He also serves as a Board Member for the Skokie, Illinois Board of Health, and serves on the Board of Directors for the Asian Human Services Family Health Center Federally Qualified Health Center. He is a member of the American Dental Association and the Academy of General Dentistry. Dr. Williams is a Master in the Academy of General Dentistry and is also a Fellow in the American College of Dentists, the International College of Dentists, the Pierre Fauchard Academy, and the Academy of Dentistry International. Dr. Williams is Past President of the Illinois Academy of General Dentistry. Dr. Williams has been teaching the Fellowship Review Course for over 20 years.
Course Description & Objectives:
The Fellowship Review Course is a review of currently accepted knowledge, techniques and practices in general dentistry. Members may sit for this course as part of their preparation for the Fellowship Exam; however, taking this course does not guarantee that a member will pass the exam. Information on the content of the Fellowship Exam is held in strictest confidence, and as such, information regarding the overall content of the exam will not be released during the review course or to the course speaker. By attending the review course, candidates may refresh their knowledge of basic clinical information in the 17 areas of general dentistry covered in the exam.
At the end of the two-day review course, attendees will have
• Reviewed 17 areas of general dentistry
• Been provided the opportunity to discuss and explore questions pertinent to the areas reviewed
• Been provided information about the Fellowship Exam
16 hours Lecture Credit
April 24 – 25, 2021 Zoom Virtual Meeting/Webinar
Dr. Cheryl Mora, [email protected]; 847-638-7223
Maureen Kugel, Executive Assistant, [email protected]
About the Fellowship Exam:
- The exam may be taken at any time during Pre-Fellowship, including New Graduates (once 90 days have passed after graduation from dental school) and either before, after or while working towards completion of the required 500 CE hours.
- The Fellowship Exam consists of approximately 250 multiple-choice questions and is administered in a one day, four-hour testing session. The exam includes material from all dental disciplines and strongly emphasizes clinical applications of accepted dental knowledge, techniques, and procedures.
- To register for the Exam, you must do so by completing an application and sending it along with the $600 fee to National Headquarters to sit for the exam.
- For more information go to to http://www.agd.org/continuing-education-events/get-recognized/become-an-agd-fellow
Fellowship Award Requirements:
- Current AGD membership for three (3) continuous years (36 months) by December 31 of the year in which the application is received, to begin no earlier than the month of dental school graduation; dental license has not been suspended or revoked within the last five years, and is not currently under probation, suspension, or revocation.
- Completion of 500 hours of FAGD/MAGD-approved continuing education credit, with at least 350 hours earned in course attendance. Mastership credit begins to accrue on the date that the 500-hours requirement has been met, as determined by the Dental Education Council.
- Successful completion of the Fellowship Examination. Any active general dentist member joining the AGD after February 2010 be subject to a 90-day waiting period prior to applying for or sitting for the Fellowship Exam in order to verify their membership status. The Fellowship application and examination must be completed and the application postmarked by the December 31 deadline.
- Attendance at a Convocation Ceremony, held during the AGD Annual Meeting, to receive the award. Successful candidates are allowed three years following approval to complete this requirement.